Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Reality?

Reality is a slippery thing if you ask me. I'm not crazy. I think. Well maybe just a little bit.

In my last post I questioned perception of reality and how it may be changing or in need of a new definition given how much time we all spend in virtual worlds. But I also think our collective shift in conscious reality is far more complicated than just that.

I recently heard something that brought to my attention the importance of dreaming (as in REM sleep and not aspirations, they are important too) and the subconscious mind in maintaining a healthy conscious mind. I immediately realized that I couldn't remember the last time I had dreamed. This bothered me a lot. So I took the measures I had heard might help to quickly reestablish my awareness of my subconscious mind by giving it the right conditions to express itself. The trick for me was/is isolation tanks and the supplement Alpha GPC. A quick explanation may be a good idea. The tank deprives you of stimulation and allows your thoughts to wander more the more you relax yourself. You enter a state where you think you are awake right up until you wake up and realize you weren't totally. But, you were just made aware of where your mind thought it had to go. I would say it is like turbocharging prayer or meditation. The Alpha GPC does something similar in that it helps me to concentrate more during the day and dream more vividly at night. My brain needs this, like a dog needs to run. The point of what I am trying to say is that we have another reality a subconcious reality and it needs its own outlet. how many of us are ignoring this. If things seem out of whack in your life look into this. Sometimes the hectic of modern society neglects this aspect of ourselves. There are different avenues for this explore them all each has its merits.

We all have probably experienced how an irrational fear can be paralyzing. So couldn't irrational thought be empowering. Can we dream (consciously or unconsiously) things into reality? Maybe maybe it depends on how we define reality. Maybe the act of dreaming can provide us the satisfaction we need regardless of whether or not we physically realize the dream.

Therefore the challenge is:

Explore what you think is real. Challenge what you think is true. Think the unthinkable. Let your mind wander. Be creative. Immerse yourself in others creativity. Try to break the thought patterns you keep repeating. Write things down and take the first physical steps to realizing a dream and see how it makes you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment